[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Marshall wrote (on the MBCA Forum) <<One cause results when the PRESSURE (not vacuum) line clogs with a soot and oil residue at the junction with the intake manifold. This is particularly common in cars with EGR and that have been largely city driven for moderately short distances. The clog is most often located at the banjo bolt fromthe line to the intake manifold, but may also be within the pressure line or the lumen of the switchover valve.>>>

Marshall,
Is this description of an 87 300D similar to what I should look at on my 91 300D. I'd like to confirm the line you described is clean on my 91 300D and your description seems very precise, i.e. the Pressure line clogs.

All of the same issues apply, but your engine is more complex. If your engine senses that the EGR is NOT working as it should, it defeats all fuel enrichment the ALDA might request and the engine reverts to the power of a naturally aspirated 602 engine (~90 vs 120 hp when the turbo/EGR/ALDA are working as they should).

When everything is correct the 0-62 mph acceleration should be ABOUT 13 sec and if the ALDA/turbo/EGR system is misbehaving the acceleration could be expected to drop to at least 16 sec and maybe a bit more than that.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)