You must be psychic.

I started looking at them just the other day as a retirement vehicle. And yes,
they’re stupid expensive.

If you’re shopping on price, you’ll want to go for the basic four cylinder,
standard cab 2WD model, of which I found very few. Even ones from the early
2000s are bringing big bucks with reasonable mileage. Add the larger cab and
4WD and he price goes up exponentially.

I had forgotten about the Nissan equivalent, which would be just as good for
me, so I’m going to start researching those as well.

-D