on 5/15/06 7:03 PM, Scott Ritchey at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I bypassed the crossover valve, connected a pressure gage, and did a road
> test.  Plenty of boost (maybe too much, looked like 1 bar or more, so now I
> wonder if the waste gate is functioning).  Then I reconnected the crossover
> valve and disconnected the pressure switch.  Everything still worked fine,
> plenty of boost.  So I reconnected the pressure switch and everything still
> worked fine.  Rats.

Observation/question: did you change any of the hose while doing this? Or
maybe shorten a hose that was dried out at the end?

I did not remember, when I wrote earlier, but early on with my w116 SD I had
a cracked hose there that really slowed me down, and the crack was on the
bottom of the hose so it was a while before a sharper set of eyes than mine
caught it.

Mac