That part's the same here.
I bought salvage, which the insurance companies can legally sell only to dealers with a dismantler license, by having a dismantler buy it for me.

Then I had to pay a specially trained cop $100 (state says no more than $100, which in practice means no less than $100) to inspect it, which meant verifying the engine and transmission serial numbers, checking my receipts for the donor car VIN for the door, and making sure lights/wipers worked. Aside from checking the exterior lamps and wipers, it was all about certifying that there weren't any stolen parts on it.

As far as roadworthy, he didn't even know if it would start. He pay have cared if the brake pedal went to the floor during the light check.

On 2021-01-09 12:31, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:

My “rebuilt” title on the SL500 is due to the PO buying the car as
salvage from the insurance company and getting a rebuilt title when
the car was made roadworthy. In Florida, a salvage title brands a car
as being unroadworthy and it’s not legal to drive or insure it. You
have to get the car inspected by the state to assure it’s roadworthy,
then a rebuilt title is issued.

If you get a car with a salvage title in Florida it’s a parts car or
destined for dismantling. It cannot be (legally) driven on the roads.
When an insurance company totals a car, they have to apply for a
salvage title to have it dismantled.