YES they are - my first MB, a 1970 220D was from MN (my Grandfather bought
it new) - I sold it for parts when it started binding the doors when jacked
up on one side. When you drove through puddles of water, it would splash
onto the windshield through the holes in the front fenders.

--
OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!