On 2021-01-18 18:36, Frederick Moir via Mercedes wrote:
That is a Mark 8 or Mk 9 Saloon wreck.
A "D" type Jaguar is a very successful single seat race car.
I had a Mk 9 saloon automajik in the UK.

I figured a bent D-Type parts car or SS parts car would be worth a lot more than $5k. Marks are graceful cars, but I don't think they're made of "I don't care what it costs, I need that".

Who was it that called the E Type the worlds greatest crumpet catcher? Maybe Stirling Moss? I don't think I'll ever stop being surprised when I see a E project sell for over 50k.