I would suspect the breaker before I would suspect the heat strips. Heat strips
don’t short typically, they fail open. Got a clamp on ammeter you can use to
check the current draw when they’re on? Then you would know for sure.

Might want to give the air handler a look to make sure there’s nothing amiss,
like something across the heat strips.

-D