Yup, if you quit before it starts it gets progressively harder on each retry.
Give it everything it's got on that one try.
Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 6:30 PM, Peter Frederick via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   The real key to cold starting to crank
until it's actually running, if you stop you won't have enough battery to try
again without charging it.

I started my 300D a few year back with a weak engine (420k miles) doing that,
it took about a minute before it was actually running on it's own.  Lotta white
smoke that turned gray and then black and then fully running.

You don't use much battery power when it's partially firing, each round gets
the pre-chamber hotter until the fuel burns properly.