Apparently they knew there would be problems ten years ago, but haven't had
the will to do anything about it. This mostly stems from their latent
desire to succeed from the union anyway, so why would they want federal
involvement in their power generation/distribution?

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 3:13 PM Dan Penoff via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I checked with a buddy in the industry this morning, and he said that
> Texan’s power woes are of their own doing, and have little to nothing to do
> with wind turbines, which he said consist of less than 20% of their total
> grid output on a windy day.
>
> He said that Texas has been a bit “uppity” about being able to produce
> large amounts of power for their own consumption, and as a result have done
> little to improve or increase their interconnectivity with the national
> grid. As a result, their ability to import power is severely limited,
> resulting in the current (no pun intended) situation. Their generating
> capacity has been hobbled by the weather, and they don’t have big enough
> pipes to bring enough additional power in to offset the loss in generating
> capacity.
>
> While he didn’t say it, the implication was that there are going to be a
> lot of people in the business playing the “I told you so” card with them in
> the future…
>
> -D
>
> > On Feb 17, 2021, at 3:14 PM, Rick Knoble via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> >> They pretend to listen during the election >campaign but so soon as
> they are elected they do >whatever they think they want to without any real
> >consideration of what we want.
> >
> > Close. The politicians do whatever they are paid to do by their true
> constituents, the lobbiests.
> >

> > Rick

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!