In childhood, my age group was taught a very simple logic via a story.
"For want of a nail, a shoe was lost. For want of a shoe, a horse was lost.
For want of a horse, a knight was lost. For want of a knight, a battle was
lost. For want of a battle, a Kingdom was lost, and the people suffered."

The Objective Lesson of this nursery story was, to always keep track of the
small things that large things depend on to function.
The current Objective Lesson is that society has now forgotten to keep
track of the nailsn, and that forgetting is the nail that keeps all things
functional.

Another lesson on just how smart people are truly stupid?  Perhaps.