The poor batteries in newer cars full of electronic nannies are task with
keeping their memories alive, 24/7, setting unused or driving, so, in the
quiet of the night, you can hear the electrons being siphoned off.

A Battery minder is a great idea to keep pouring electrons into the
bottomless pit of nanny hood.

I do wonder why some auto design genius has not devised a "super nanny"
that acts as a solid state memory card that preserves all the "magic
settings" on shutdown and disconnects from the battery, thus negating the
need for constant power. Why not have a "Key on, Power on, Reboot solid
state hard drive, start sequence built in to the command module system"?

Adversity makes opportunity.... Someone builds it and gets rich.