As far as I know the CEL is not an instantaneous status indicator. It
requires a certain persistence in a fault detection before it comes
on. Likewise, once the fault itself is resolved, the CEL doesn't go dark
(unless manually cleared) but stays on for some time (or some number of
engine starts).

Allan