Curt Raymond wrote:
AFAIK Wal-Mart is tough on suppliers for price only.
  If you can find it online read the story of how Snapper walked away from
Wal-Mart because they wouldn't be pressured to lower quality to match the
pricepoint Wal-Mart wanted. That took guts. When I need to buy a new mower I'll
seriously consider Snapper.

The Frontline documentary "Is Wal Mart Good For America?" talks about that, too. There are a few interviews with Wal Mart suppliers who admit they moved production overseas because Wal Mart told them they had to get their prices down. It's viewable online at www.frontline.org.