Thanks all for the help.  I'm under the hood now playing detective.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Peter Frederick
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 12:53 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Shutoff Valve for 602

It's on the rear of the IP, brown with blue stripe vac line.

Yes, use the MitiVac -- must hold vac indefinitely when applied, and it
should shut the car off in a pump or two.  Watch for slow leakdown --
they get pinholes and you will shortly go from slow to no shutoff.

Check the line for oil -- if there is any, you will have to flush the
line and column switch, else the rubber rots badly and you will be
doing another repair.

Those plastic lines are brittle by now, so be careful -- I've had to
splice quite a few, in particular the supply line for the shutoff
(brown plastic).  That one in particular is long and subject to
vibration (assuming similar routing on a 602 -- up around under the
tranny vac control blue thing and around).

Check all the rubber connectors on the hard plastic lines, they are
likely either soft and porous or hard and shrunk, and hence leaking by
now.  Cures all sorts of ills, such as ACC problems, slow shutoff, hard
shifts, etc.

Peter