Curt, you forgot to include this part of their disclaimer:

PMC is a repository of content primarily from two sources: peer reviewed
journals that overall have met NLM’s standards for PMC
<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/about/guidelines/#sciqual>; and peer
reviewed author manuscripts deposited in compliance with the public access
policy of NIH or other collaborating funders
<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/about/public-access/>.

So by your logic, the New England Journal of Medicine is "just a
repository" and peer reviewed means nothing?
Max
Charleston SC