Typical for a two-wheel-drive car, especially without snow tires. My MBs
(W116 and W123 diesels) have been exactly the same, as well as my Honda
Odyssey and Volvo XC90 (the latter two being front wheel drive). All
have stranded me on snowy hills in the winter. Last fall I bought snow
tires for the Volvo and we only had one snowfall of any significance,
and due to working from home I didn't even need to drive in it, so I
don't yet know how much of a difference they'll make.

Allan