> <<Heard Ben Heppner singing an aria from Meistersinger on WQXR Sat. night
> during a weekend trip to NYC.  Several stars were performing operatic hits
> at a Met gala/retirement party for outgoing GM Joe Volpe held at Lincoln
> Center.  Anyway, Heppner has one truly fine Wagnerian tenor voice...

Heppner and Jane Eaglen make a fine pair of Wagnerian heavyweights, in both
senses of the term. The I-Tunes music store has a large number of his
recordings of which one can hear 30 second snippets of each one at no cost.

I'm waiting for the Beatles to settle their quarrel with Apple so that their
music will be available.

RLE