I had this Kobalt garden rake, fiberglass handle, looked pretty sturdy, I recall when I bought it I thought well it will last being fiberglass.  i was using it the other day and the handle snapped at the neck of the rake, turns out the inside of the fiberglass tube is just cheap wood, and the fiberglass part on the handle went about 1/2" into the neck, the wood just gave up after some number of years and snapped, I don't think it was left outside much to rot but it was cheap wood.

Today I took it back, the girl at returns told me to get another one and she would swap it. So that worked out nicely.

I also noticed that a lot of their power and hand tools are now Crapsman, I did not really look at any of them to see what the quality looked like.  I wonder if they will honor the "lifetime" guarantee on the hand tools.  I think they have that on their Kobalt tools, which seem pretty decent.  I guess it is all chineechit, built to whatever quality they specify.

--
--FT