Speaking of coincidental symptoms...

When I returned from the Peace Corps they prescribed a course of Mintezol -
an anti-parasite pill - to kill worms.  I had terrible "stomach" pain after
ingesting these pills and lost my appetite.  When I called the PC HQ in
Washington the nurse told me that this pain was NOT a common side effect of
the Rx.  It got so bad I visited the family GP.  He told me 1) my liver was
swollen, 2) I had hepatitis, and 3) there was not a single available
hospital bed in NYC that he could send me to.  He prescribed bed rest (to
rest my liver) with no medication.  It took 9 months to fully recover.  I
had contracted hepatitis from eating raw clams in Athens on the way back.

ALS