Does it make economic sense to ship a used vehicle down from AK? Wouldn't it have more value there than in the lower 48?

Randy

On 11/05/2021 8:37 PM, Clay via Mercedes wrote:
New adventure in the Clay departs SEA saga.

Yesterday I had a taxi take me to the Port of Tacoma to pick up the car SWMBA
had sent down from ANC to replace the krap Yeep of #1 boy in ND.  He spent the
past weekend picking up her new CRV in Sioux Falls.  We are to swap cars on the
plains of MT this weekend.  The honda heads to GWN on Monday.

Short story long, the Yota was supposed to be serviced in ANC, but time ran
out, so I schedule it for a shop near me.  Since sending things on a boat out
of the arctic is a dynamic adventure, it could have been 7-10 days the car
shows up.  Got lucky and it came early and instead of trying to get it serviced
5/16 as scheduled (service manager said it could take 2 days to get the work
done) I begged for dropping it off this morning and maybe they could shoe horn
it in if they got some slack time.  Big surprise to me, they actually were able
to do a full service by the end of the day.

Car was sent with less than quarter tank of fuel and I was pretty sure I could
get it home and to the shop on the fumes in the tank.  When I picked the car up
a few hours ago, I went to fuel up for the long drive ahead.  Pulled up to the
pump and 87 octane is now $4.28/gal.   Crazy.  There are two refineries in the
state and the oil they process comes out of AK.  Must be sympathy pains for
rising fuel prices on the other coast.

clay