I'd say depends on the drivers too.  Youngish may mean expensive insurance, but
the driver has matured and can drive and care for a decent car.  25 years old
is a number that the insco used to use as the arbitrary dividing line, may
still be.

I would not carry full coverage on a $5k car, but I have a nice emergency fund
that can cover a replacement.  I'm self insured, don't need to pay the insco
beyond liability.

Are you the bank of Mom & Dad?

Max Dillon
Charleston SC