Ronald Courcy via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> writes:

> What size tires are you using on your Ghia?  It would be a good idea
> to verify that they fit in your spare tire "well".  I seem to remember
> that the stock size is 560/15 but 600/15 were a popular
> oversize. Nowadays 155 versus 165. Anyways the larger size did not fit
> in the spare tire well of the VW bugs I am not sure about the Ghia's.

I tried it tonight. The 165/15 tire did not fit in the spare tire
well. So I guess I need to get a 155 tire for the spare. It will be a
bit like the donut spare in a modern car I guess. The overall diameter
on the 155 tire is about 0.6" smaller as well.

Thanks for mentioning this, I would have never considered that the spare
tire well was that tight.

Allan