Max, Dwight et allo' ya.
I was in Florida more than 10 years ago and in Carolina about 6 yrs ago.
I promise that if we pass that way south again, I will wave.
I have a Bosch boost/vacuum gauge (read cheap chinese) that will need to be
installed to definitively prove the diagnosis.
On the project 190Dt there is the same sensor, so a quick swap and test is
due.
The waste gate is free from binding and the diaphragm is intact.
I changed my fuses so that my pistons will not melt. Thank you Dr B.
Onward and upward.
Fred.

On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 7:48 PM Max Dillon via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> When were you in Florida?  When will you pass by Carolina again?  I feel
> left out....
>
> Ok, so you've identified one possibility, bad switch.  I don't think this
> could be a clogged intake.
>
> Other possibility: turbo waste gate failed, and you do indeed have an over
> boost condition, and your Pistons will MELT.  Need to get a boost gauge to
> test that theory.
>
> Last, the over boost solenoid is faulty, and shutting off signal to ALDA
> when it shouldn't.
>
> Max Dillon
> Charleston SC
>

> Jun 29, 2021 4:39:22 PM Frederick Moir via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com
> >:
>
> > The gremlin has been exposed!
> > The car would run well up up about 3200 rpm, then start to behave as if
> > the fuel was being switched off and on rhythmically. It was!
> > The boost sensor in the intake has (sort of) failed.
> > When we picked up the car in Fla. it had this subtle minor surge,
> > especially noticeable on cruise.
> > It got worse. driving to and from the latest Q it was quite pronounced.
> > Did all of the usual things, banjo bolt, tubing, rubber bits, checked the
> > solenoids, etc.Finally got smart and pulled the plug on the sensor, it
> > works as normal, yippee!
> > So, clogged intake and sensor or just sensor? (~$70)
> > Idiot studying to be a cretin wants to know.
> > YMMV.
> > --
> > Fred Moir
> > Lynn MA