I was impressed the car looked as well cared for as it did.  The verbiage
though cast some doubt as to how well in fettle it is.  Low miles is good for
valuation were it in the five figure range.  Sadly, the R107 is not an
investment unless it is in pristine condition from my few years of ownership.
There are just too many out there and in all manner of disreputable condition,
with few in top shape.

I was mildly surprised that I was able to fetch as much as I did for mine.
Sold it to a middle aged gal who had admired them since Richard Gere drove one
in a motion picture.  The R107 is not as reliable as a good OM powered car of
the same vintage.  It does have a goodly 18 year production range, but probably
appeals most to the mid-life crisis crowd than to younger people who would be
looking at purchasing in the next decade.  By 2030 the petrol cars will be out
of production (in theory), so maybe an early Priapus will be the must have
collectable.

clay

I have no pronouns please do not refer to me.