Bill said...

You also might want to take a look at how much the USA benefits from the
'brain drain' of so many other countries. I heard part of that NPR program,
and from the part I heard it was talking about top students who would be a
help to this country.  Take all of the 'foreign' physicians, chemists,
engineers, mathematicians, etc. out of the U.S. and see what happens.

I suspect that the vast majority of those physicians, chemists, engineers
and mathematicians are here legally, and we need 'em since we're not
reproducing at a high enough rate to replace population losses.  I also
suspect that the vast majority of those folks coming over the border from
the south are NOT physicians, chemists, engineers and mathematicians.  Who
was it that said "Good fences make good neighbors"????  Ben Franklin????

Royce Engler
1985 300TD Turbo 285K