I haven't been on here in a long time.  Sorry about that.  I have been swamped.
 I happened to see this email subject and wanted to pile on.  -- Not really.

I have been a USAA member since I was born. My Dad enrolled me.  Years ago, I
had USAA Credit Card, Mortgage, Homeowners Insurance, Savings, and car
insurance.  But, several years ago I had a friend become an agent with
Farmer's.  I got a quote from them and USAA was A LOT higher.   I had Farmer's
for several years and my homeowners kept going up and up.  I switched to
Traveler's and the homeowners was almost HALF as much.

When we bought a house in Memphis last year, I got several quotes for home and
Auto.  State Farm was the best.  Some companies had a better deal on the house
OR the car.  But, with the multiline discounts State Farm beat all of them by a
pretty good margin.

ALSO remember the 81 240D I bought from Kaleb?   It is for sale.  I actually
got the a/c working.   There is definitely something wrong with the accelerator
linkage.  It is SLOW.  And when I pull the lever under the hood, it does not go
all the way to the stop point.   It still runs good.  I put it on facebook and
disclosed all the warts and priced it to sell for $1950.  I have had tons of
interest, but no buyers yet.  I can't imagine driving one of these with an
automatic.  The 4 speed is sort of fun.   And even though I have a MUCH nice
newer car, my 10 year old is constantly asking if we can take the Mercedes.  He
said my other car is too smooth. He likes how the Diesel bounces around.