who cares, titles are easy to get.

REALLY? Explain, please. This could open up a new world of car purchases....

Here in Oregon, if someone buys a car with an Oregon title, all that person has to do is to send a certified letter to the last known address of the previous owner. If it comes back undeliverable, DMB will grant a title. I don't know what happens if the person still lives there (always been lucky enough, I suppose. Obviously, if the car was stolen from the person, you're probably S.O.L. I like going to the DMV with the seller or at least have a bill of sale to work with when there's no title.

Kevin in Hillsboro Oregon
1981 300CD 204K miles, Giesela