Since they are familiar with Sprinters and put plenty of miles on them, I
figured that they must know something about the Blutec system. It’s the short
trips that are the worst. I hope it runs for a long time.
I’ll never buy another emissions choked Diesel! I was thinking about a pre-2007
Sprinter T1N with the in-line 5 2.7L if I can find one, or a Suburban/Yukon or
a Ford Expedition (I’m sure there are plenty of those in NC). The nearest MB
dealer is in Charlotte, nearly 70 miles away. My BIL would be happy to help me
service and maintain it, so I’m more inclined to get something older and
cheaper, especially since it won’t be driven daily. The area is served by Uber
and Lyft so we’re not stuck without rides even when we don’t have a driver.
Kevin in Hillsboro, OR
1982 240D, High Mileage Hildegard, not sure if she’ll be coming with us, but
I’ll know more when I actually check it out later this week

Sent from my iPhone