No crash damage that I can see. The 165x tire was just too tall. It was wedging
on the outer diameter more than the sidewalls. I guess I could try deflating it
some, but the spare is supposed to be overpressurized to run the windshield
washer (always thought that was a stupid hack on the part of VW).

Allan