$1/w isn't that great a deal. We've been able to get that in 100w panels for
years. You can get used (about 10 years) panels for $0.25/w with really nothing
wrong with them.
I'd been considering pulling our existing 3x 100w panels and replacing with 2x
400w but that idea always leaves me wondering what I'll do with the existing
panels. Lately I'm thinking to add one or two more 100w panels which should
finally get us adequate coverage. I switched to a more efficient (and
expensive) MPPT solar controller this spring which helped a lot but last week
when it was hot we were still running a substantial deficit.
-Curt

    On Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 11:57:12 AM EDT, Mitch Haley via Mercedes