The blower motor on the 05E320 has been chirping occasionally for awhile. The
other day I was driving and hit a bump and it started screeching pretty bad. I
turned it off and back on and it was better but then screeched loud and died.

So today I decided to see what the deal was. I got the blower motor/fan out,
lots of contortions as it is up under the glove box so you have to get under
there to see it and remove the screws holding it in.

Lubed it up and it was spinning ok but no workies when I put it back and
powered it up. Pelican Parts have some good write ups on the whole thing. There
is a big fuse in the footwell for the blower apparently so I got in there and
checked it, was ok. So that points to the regulator on the blower motor, PP
have a test procedure I’ll do another time. A new one looks to be about $90 for
some chinee part, more for something “better.”

--FT
Sent from iFōn