Thanks to Loren Faith and Jim Cathey for responding.

Update on this topic, and for future reference: I was able to remove the entire
lifter assembly, including the attached motor, by simply removing all the 10mm
nuts securing the assembly to the door, and by removing the clip and sliding
joint at the base of the glass. No need for power, took about five minutes
total.

D.