On May 27, 2006, at 4:35 AM, Steve MacSween wrote:

A bit better, runs at an even 100 or just under during the day, and in
colder temps late at night varies between 100 and 110-ish, depending on
driving conditions.

AC on or off? 90ish is more better. I see all of mine hit 100ish at times. This is normal and I see a little more when pulling a big long hill, it always cools back down.
        Did you point the arrow on the thermostat up and/or the tiny orifice?

So I am thinking I have a clutch-fan issue too (though
the viscous aspect of the clutch fan is near perfect).

There could be a 20+ year old pile of dead bugs, dead vegetation and general debris on the forward side of the radiator, (between the condenser and radiator). Has it ever hit the red on the gauge after you burped it and topped it off? I wouldn't sweat it if it hasn't. It wouldn't hurt to check and clean the sensor connection to ensure good contact and accurate readings. An acid flush can surely help if there are mineral deposits in the radiator tubes. Bruce Dike also had a theory that erosion of the inside of the thermostat housing can cause overheating, JB-Weld or a new housing can remedy that.
        Was the original T-Stat stuck open or closed prior to changing it?

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am