Went and looked at this car today. Cosmetically it's OK, the typical dings and
scratches you'd expect on a an 11 year old car. No rust or major damage.

Interior was a disappointment to me. Front and center on the driver's dashboard
is the tachometer. The ridiculously oversized speedometer is in the center,
between the driver and passenger. This takes your eyes way off the road
whenever you check your speed while driving. The radio and climate controls are
similarly quirky. Everything is plastic, lightweight, and cheap
looking/feeling. Not a BMW by any stretch in that department.

Both the left and right window controls seemed to have some gremlins. The
windows would move up and down as long as the car was moving. If you came to a
stop, they could be lowered but would not go back up.

Owner knows nothing about cars and could not explain the oil problem. I had
thought it might be valve cover gasket but the engine was clean and dry. No oil
spots in the driveway. She said the mechanic told her it was losing oil "inside
the engine" so I guess valve stem seals? But no smoke in the exhaust.

She has owned the car for a little over a year, and paid $600 (!) for a
thermostat replacement and said her mechanic told her it would be $9,000 for a
new engine to fix the oil loss problem.