Somewhat OT but general enough, project for tonight was aiming headlights on
the Ghia. I had ordered new Koito lights from Dan Stern as the aftermarket
headlights installed by a prior owner were garbage.

I followed the extremely detailed aiming instructions, measuring, setting up
markings on a vertical board, even used a laser level to be sure things were as
well set up as I could -- then when I switched on the lights to aim them, it
wasn't like the instructions at all. No clear cutoff lines for the light --
just two blobs of light that were brighter in the center. So I just set those
to the marks I had made then went out on the street and did a final tweaking
until they looked about right.

Just shows it's possible to geek out over anything when in reality, eyeballing
it is going to be close enough.

Allan