They make nice looking auto conversions ...

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 6:49 AM Buggered Benzmail via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> If you could get one more flight out of it to haul a load of SA
> agricultural product you’d be ahead of the game
>
> —FT
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> > On Oct 11, 2021, at 3:00 AM, G Mann via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > 15 years out of annual inspection...
> > No mention that there are any log books....
> > Parked outside.... sun, wind, snow, corrosion damage...
> > IO 470 engines.... no mention of hours on engines, or engine log books
> > Prop log books?  ... times two
> > To reconstruct engine logs, bring both engines to current air worthy, at
> > least $80,000.
> > To reconstruct airframe logs and comply with all airworthiness directives
> > untouched for 15 years, another $80,000.
> > Then, a set of tires and brakes.
> > Then a set of fuel tank bladders.. twin engine aircraft, so factor a set
> of
> > tanks at $2,800 each tank, I recall there are 4, plus it has tip tanks...
> > total of 6... Plus labor by an Airframe certified mechanic.
> > Interior repair, set of seats to replace the missing two... More$$$.
> > New radios... a lot has changed in 15 years... the radios in the airplane
> > are no good now.. new transponder and flight following equipment.. new
> > requirement.. etc etc etc....
> > If engines are timed out... add another $120,000 x 2 for overhauls..
> > Props... overhaul... bring the Brinks truck....
> > It was a money pit 15 years ago when parked and not flown... prices of
> > everything have gone up... value has gone down...
> > At $30K, with no log books, I would lose money buying it to part out....
> > With log books.... the engines and props are core value only, maybe.
> > airframe is scrap aluminum...
> > Sorry, been to that rodeo.. many times..
> >

> >> On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 5:27 PM dan penoff.com via Mercedes <
> >> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> That and getting it airborne again will cost nearly as much as the
> selling
> >> price, if not more.
> >>
> >> -D

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!