Other potential issues too. I know a fellow who had a gas version that looked like that. Not certain of the year. His car developed problems with the ABS brake system and parts for it were almost unobtainable. I think they finally found used parts and patched it up so that he could sell it.

Randy

On 14/10/2021 2:21 PM, mitch--- via Mercedes wrote:
On 2021-10-14 13:19, dan penoff.com via Mercedes wrote:
I wonder if that’s the same BMW Diesel engine that had head problems
from that time frame?

Yep.
A big Lincoln boat anchor with 524TD power.
And 524TD were a lot less reliable than 324D.

But I don't think they were as eager to blow up in Lincolns as they were in Vixens. 50kmi was a great life for a diesel Vixen. And for all its high strung fragility, it wasn't that much more potent than a OM602 turbo.