Kaleb wrote:

Then it started not wanting to
upshift when it should, and does not want to go into 4th.

Kaleb:

My 300SD started doing this to me--only when hot. Fluid looked and smelled fine, kickdown and shift actuator all checked out. My indy suggested flushing the trans, which I had them do. They reported that even tho the fluid on the dipstick looked good to both them and to me, that they got a lot of gunk out of the trans. It's been fine ever since, and the shifts are noticeably firmer and more positive, both up and down. I'd get the thing flushed and see what happens.

Dan
--
Dan Weeks
82 VW Westfalia 1.6 TD conversion 186k