I've done it twice - on a '70 220D and a '76 300D - both W115s.
The proper way per the factory repair manual takes 16 hours to R&R - remove
the dash, all the heating ducting, etc.
The second time IPulled it out through the front center speaker hole -
enlarging it just enough to pull the fan out, then put the new one in. That
time it only took 8 hours. A lot of that time is spent lying on the floor -
would be easier with the front seats removed. I wouldn't try it today - I'm
not as limber as I was in the '80's and '90's.

On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 12:23 PM Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Yes, I believe OK don came up with a procedure
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Oct 25, 2021, at 12:15 PM, Allan Streib via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > I think that's a pretty big deal on those. Never done one myself. There
> joke is that the car was built around the blower motor.
> >
> > I think if you're willing to cut some sheet metal it can be easier.
> >
> > Allan
> >
> >> On Mon, Oct 25, 2021, at 1:07 PM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
> >> Heater blower inoperative.  How big a deal is that?

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!