From: Mercedes On Behalf Of Clay via Mercedes
Sent: Wednesday, November 3, 2021 4:23 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Clay <clay.dread...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Dune

I found it only really begins to make sense after you get through God Emperor,
as that tome lays out all the missing background of how the worms work.  Dune
is pretty much a comment on Iran/Iraq and big oil from 1919-1965 and
exploitation by the west.  The next books in the series delve into the mystical
nature, with God Emperor and the next two trying to tie it up in a neat bow.
The Brian Herbert books REALLY delve into the nuts and bolt and expand the
universe filling in nooks and crannies you can only guess at their import in
his father’s writing.

clay

I have no pronouns please do not refer to me.