To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 3:18 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] vehicle height

Funny you should mention it...I've been adjusting the height of my 124 this weekend. I believe the proper method for checking height is to measure from
the fender lip to the wheel centerline.  I cut my springs by 4" front and
rear to drop the chassis down to ~14.5". You can also order spring pads in
various thicknesses (4 sizes in front and 3 in back) to achieve  small
adjustments in height.  My car has #3 pads front and rear, so I'll be
dropping down to #1, which will hopefully allow me to drop the chassis to an even 14". Apparently these pads will wear and compress over time, which may
be the source of your variances in height.  YMMV

Hello !
    Was looking my '91 300D (104k miles) over and noticed the height at
each
fender looked uneven.  Checked with my metal yardstick and got the
following
measurements -
LF - 26.5"
RF - 26.0"
LR - 26.75"
RR - 26.5"

I measured from the driveway to the lower edge of the fender flare - along
the centerline of the wheel/tire.

Have been looking at the resources on the CD I haveand so far nothing
shows
that dimension - should they be *exactly* the same side-to-side? How much
difference should there be front to rear - taking into account the
difference in fender shape?   is there something I should look at 1st?

TIA -

Sincerely,
Larry T ('74 911, '67 MGB, 91 300D Turbo)
A Blood Test for your oil - www.youroil.net
For Test Results http://members.rennlist.com/oil
Weber Carb Stuff http://members.rennlist.com/webercarbs
http://members.rennlist.com/my_911/Index.htm For my Paint Job Info

Casey
Olympia, WA
Biodiesel: "I drive in a persistent vegetative state"
'87 300TD intercooler #22 (214k)
'84 300D (212k)
Gashuffer:
'89 Vanagon Wolfsburg Edition (187K)