I'm with you. For touring I would suggest something like a Chevy Tahoe or
equivalent. Big and comfortable, parts available everywhere, any halfwit
mechanic will be able to work on it.Stick with the big 3 (maybe including Jeep)
for best availability of parts and repair.

Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 5:30 PM, Randy Bennell via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   Blasphemy maybe, but I would suggest
that you enjoy old Mercedes as fun
rides and acquire something else that is new or relatively new for your
tour of the country. The new Mercedes do not seem to have the same level
of quality as they once did. A fellow on another list that I read has a
fairly late model Mercedes SUV with the diesel and is experiencing a lot
of problems. The dealer is unable to repair it because no parts are
available. He is rather depressed by the whole issue as he thought he
was buying long term reliability.

Randy