The other day I saw a post from some guy on fakebook who drove a 560SEL from Anchorage to the arctic circle in back within 24 hours.  That got me to thinking it would be a great monumental road trip to drive to Anchorage and back from here in some sort of diesel Mercedes.  Perhaps my 210.  Maybe the GL but it being much more complicated it would be harder to try to repair it on the road.  Maybe get an older 124 or 126 diesel ready for it.  My brother drove down here in a uhaul once when he moved down here from there.  Might have to wait until I retire or until i can manage to get 3+ weeks off at a time.  Not sure how much time it would take to do such a trip.