I bought this $500 97E420 some time ago and determined it was not starting due to a bad ECU which was quite corroded.  I found another one on ebay and had to get it programmed.  I shipped the old one and the "new" one off to this kid in Kollyfawnya to clone the "new" one off the old one.  He said he did that, and tried to clean up the old board but it had a coupla corroded resistors or something on the board and he didn't have any replacements.  So he sent them both back.

I put the "new" one in the car today and tried to get it alive.  No joy.  The car is over at the other property I am going to buy, I took everything along to work on it but forgot my scanner and Majick Computer so could not take a look at the car.  Last time I looked at it with the scanner it was showing an ECU code, I don't know if I have to clear that or what.  I'll give that go then talk to this kid, he seems to have a lot of knowledge about the nannies and such.

Bah.

--FT

--
--FT