Our house came with a home plate shaped jetted tub. The jets spewed red an
black gunk regardless of how much we tried to clean them, so we had it
removed. There was a separate shower in the bathroom as well. We had the
tub replaced with a shower for two with a full complement of geezer bars, a
seat, and shower heads at the appropriate height for each of us (6' and
5'4"). The step under the glass door is about 2".
It is very nice after a bout of bed exercise, scrubbing each other's backs,
and has been a lifesaver when we've (each) broken bones. plenty of room for
one to wash the other while they are incapacitated.
It is made from the same DuPont stuff that Corian countertops are made of,
custom made to fit the space, custom colored to our specs. It was so
expensive that I've blocked the price from my memory - think airplane parts.

On Sat, Nov 13, 2021 at 10:23 AM Jim Cathey via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> > One thing I think is a great modern design feature of master bathrooms
> is the sectioning off of the toilet in a separate room. That allows
> multitasking with the space in general so it’s not tied up completely by
> someone on the throne.
>
> Some couples can share anyway.  To others, anathema.  Tastes vary.
>
> -- Jim

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!