The instructor at our aircraft fabric covering workshop related how the MEK
fumes from the process had accumulated inside the fuselage of the Pitts she
had just finished. She was vacuuming the inside of  the rear fuselage with
the shop vac when it suddenly exploded. Yup- MEK fumes in the vac exploded
it.

On Sat, Dec 4, 2021 at 12:43 PM Curt Raymond via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Shop vac shouldn't. Mattias Wandel did a video on it awhile back where he
> washed the impeller on his shop vac without incident.
> Regular vacs do...
> Curt
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>
>   On Sat, Dec 4, 2021 at 1:34 PM, Jim Cathey via Mercedes<
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   Dangerous if the car has managed to get
> gas into the oil.
> Carburetor washdown, etc.  The shop vac runs the air through
> the sparky motor brushes.
>
> -- Jim

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!