Do the tires sit outside or in a garage? My 2013 F150 has the original
tires, about 30K miles, and they look good. The truck owner's manual says
to replace a 7 years regardless of miles/wear. It sits in the garage unless
I'm driving it, which is not that often or far.
I'm thinking one more year and I'll replace them.

On Sun, Dec 5, 2021 at 9:06 AM G Mann via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> My personal hard line date code replacement is 5 years. Regardless of miles
> or tread.
> After 5 years of age, the compounds start to fail and catastrophic failure
> [at speed] is pre-ordained.
> It is not a question of "IF" ... but "WHEN".... and if "When" happens in
> traffic, at 75 MPH... there are not enough bandaids in the med kit to stop
> the bleeding that could happen..
> I buy insurance for the car... I buy new tires as insurance for myself.
>
> On Sat, Dec 4, 2021 at 5:46 PM Buggered Benzmail via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > Ahh, ok that makes sense. I looked that up once and forgot the details
> > since.
> >
> > I looked at some of the other tires in the fleet snd couldn’t find date
> > codes.
> >
> > --FT
> > Sent from iFōn
> >
> > > On Dec 4, 2021, at 7:41 PM, OK Don via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com
> >
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > IIRC, that is the 24th week of 2014, not that it matters.

> guess
> distributor
> > lots of

> one
> > do

> > > --
> > > OK Don
> > >
> > > "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to
> > > pause and reflect." Mark Twain
> > >
> > > “Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”
> > Wernher
> > > Von Braun
> > > 2013 F150, 18 mpg
> > > 2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg