On 2021-12-09 14:52, Allan Streib via Mercedes wrote:

Are the aftermarket wheels sold in tire shops generally any good? OE
wheels, even from salvage yards, look like they will run me $1,200 or
so for a set of four.

If they have the appropriate center hole size and offset, I'm sure just about any new wheel is good enough for winter use.

You might check here and see what else matches, or maybe find a smaller diameter/width with appropriate center hole size and offset. Then mount higher aspect ratio snows on them. The only car I currently have dedicated snows for is the Ion. Original tire size 195/60-15, snows 185/65-15 on used factory rims.