In the early 80’s I stood the test to be a carrier.  At the time pay would have
been great ($10.hr) and the test simple.  My fellows in the room were a motley
crew of ESL and high school grads, along with a few veterans.   I opted to
continue higher education over putting in marathon strolls in rain.  At the
time the postmaster at the local had high volume and competent crew.  By the
time I returned to the zip code a few years later it was bedlam and equal
opportunity hires behind the counter.  My carrier was one of the guys I took
the test with, who became the postmaster around 2012.  Went from a nice guy to
a power hungry jerk who yelled at me when I had issues with the replacement
carriers who no longer spoke english or knew how to deliver or pick up mail.

The job is not an easy one.  There was a neighbor a few blocks over who
transitioned from working the state liquor store to carrier when the citizens
voted to disband the bottle shoppes.  He dropped 60 pounds and worked himself
to the bones.  Finally got a decent route after five years of busting his
backend.  Last I talked to him he was not the happy fellow I had known.
Stressed out, hitting the bottle and pretty much screaming about Amazon having
screwed over USPS because he had to get their junk delivered even if it meant
he had to skip the people at end of his route and hope to get their mail
delivered in the next day or three.

GWN seems to run a dedicated Amazon route for boxes, while the carrier has to
handle anything that fits in the mailbox.  I have not met the carrier, but the
way he plays at Mario Andretti, I doubt I will.

Clay