Yet it seems that they refused to acknowlege that. They never started bringing
over the smaller more economical cars they sell in Europe. I'd have considered
buying an A class diesel with a manual transmission but AFAIK they were never
offered in the US.

Now they will be all-electric in a few years, which will keep me in the deep
end of the used car market.

Allan